Making Changes to Existing Support or Custody Orders

At the time of a divorce, the court issues orders regarding child support and child custody. However, changes in circumstances may result in a need to alter an agreement. At VanLandingham Law, our Denver modification attorney assist clients with post-decree modifications. If you are seeking a change to any aspect of your divorce agreement, rest assured that our family law team can help you pursue a favorable outcome and the modifications you need.

Our Denver attorney can advise you about the information needed to support your request for a modification. From there, we can help you seek the necessary changes that will be in both you and your child’s best interests.

Contact us online or at (720) 772-1620 to discuss your situation during a consultation.

denver modification attorney

Modifying a Child Support Order in Denver Colorado

A modification to an existing child support order may be requested by either parent. In order for a change to be made, there must be a substantial change in circumstances.

A change may be requested when:

  • Either parent has a significant change in income
  • A child is emancipated
  • The number of overnight visits with a parent changes
  • A parent needs to move/relocate

In order for the court to make a modification to an existing child support order, you will need to provide documentation to verify these changing circumstances.

Documentation needed for Modification may include:

  • Pay stubs
  • Tax returns
  • Proof of increases in insurance premiums
  • Medical bills
  • Receipts for child care

Child Custody Changes in Denver

In some situations, the custody arrangement that was agreed upon at the time of the divorce may need to be changed. For example, the amount of time a child spends with each parent and work schedules can change over time. If one parent relocates for work, custody and visitation may need to be modified. We can provide the legal advice you need to resolve your custody issue and get your child custody order modified.